Flag Report Components
Return to the Main Page
The following advice is offered in setting up your report:
I. General Format
A. Use proper essay format, which includes the following components:
- 1. Introduction: summarize what you are going to discuss.
- 2. Body: discuss the main points of the thesis.
- 3. Conclusion: summarize what you discussed in the paper.
A. Discuss these aspects of the flag:
- 1. General design and type of flag.
- 2. The meaning of the flag's colors.
- 3. The history of the flag.
- 4. Special laws or alternate designs.
B. Sample questions about the flag:
- 1. What flag(s) inspired the design?
- 2. Who designed the flag?
- 3. Are there similar flags? Why?
- 4. Has the flag changed over time?
- 5. Is there a special government flag?
A. Set up the body of the paper along the lines outlined in number II.
A. Be neat...type or print neatly.
B. Use a title page.
C. Be sure to include a drawing or picture of the flags involved.
A. Be sure to cite the Flags of the World web sites.
Edward Mooney, Jr.
This page created on
March 1, 2000.
(c)2000 Edward Mooney, Jr.